We provide a safe space to support those facing unplanned pregnancy and baby loss, and we deliver healthy relationship and sex education to empower and nurture our community
We have been established for 24 years now and this year we changed our name to SEEN as we have evolved in our offerings where we Support, Empower, Educate and Nurture through the work that we do.
We are a small local charity based in Twickenham with a team of 7 part time staff and 12 volunteers, and 5 trustees.
Back in 1999, we started out by providing support for those women and men facing unplanned pregnancy and pregnancy loss, and over the years we have expanded into other areas including prison work, schools work and counselling in the Termination clinic at West Middlesex Hospital.
Here are some statistics which highlights the need for our work –
- 45% of pregnancies and 1/3 of births are unplanned in England
- 1 in 3 women in the UK will have an abortion by the time they are 45
- 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage
- The prison population has risen by 70% in the last 30 years and is currently set to rise by 18,000 by 2026
- “A survey of young people found that half rated the sex education that they received as poor or terrible”